Come hear Olean’s own Helen Ruggieri whose poems and essays have been published in over one hundred magazines and more than two dozen anthologies as well as her own books. Ruggieri studied with William Stafford at the Atlantic Center for the Arts and with John Balaban at Penn State where she received her MFA, she then went on to teach in the writing program of the University of Pittsburgh at Bradford for twenty years. Helen and her husband started Allegany Mountain Press in the 1970s which began her active involvement in the larger poetry community.
- This event has passed.
December 28 2017
|Date:||December 28, 2017|
|Time:||7:00 pm - 8:00 pm|
|NYSCA||The program is funded by the New York State Council on the Arts Decentralization Program with support from Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature and administered by the Cattaraugus County Arts Council.|
|Olean Public Library|
Add Your Own Event
Watch this video on how to add an event to the events calendar.
Other Tips1. Disable cookies on your computer.
2. Event Title and Event Description are required. The event will not be accepted if they are incomplete.
3. A horizontal image with important elements centered is best! A generic image will be used if one is not included.
4. Use the drop down menu for Venue and Organizer fields to see if available. If it is not already there, you can add the information.
5. Be sure to check the NYSCA box if your event is funded through the NYSCA DEC program administered by CCAC.
6. Free event? Be sure to put a zero (0) in the COST BOX, not in the currency symbol box. DO NOT put a dollar sign ($) in the cost box, just the dollar amount. You do not need to change the currency symbol box.
7. Your event will NOT appear until it is approved by CCAC.
8. Questions? Call CCAC Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.