When mezzo-soprano Elina Garanca and tenor Roberto Alagna joined forces for a new production of Carmen at the Met, the results were electrifying. Now this star duo reunites for another sensual French opera in the title roles of Camille Saint-Saens’ biblical epic Samson et Dalila. Darko Tresnjak, the 2014 Tony Award-winning director of A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder, makes his Met debut directing a vivid, seductive staging, featuring a monumental setting for the last-act Temple of Dagon, where the hero crushes his Philistine enemies in this, the first new Met production of Samson et Dalila in 20 years.
- This event has passed.
October 20 2018
|Time:||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm|
|Event Categories:||Music, Theater|
|Website:||Visit Event Website|
1891 Fredonia Opera House9 Church St.
Fredonia, NY 14063 United States
|1891 Fredonia Opera House|
|Website:||Visit Organizer Website|
Add Your Own Event
Watch this video on how to add an event to the events calendar.
Other Tips1. Disable cookies on your computer.
2. Event Title and Event Description are required. The event will not be accepted if they are incomplete.
3. A horizontal image with important elements centered is best! A generic image will be used if one is not included.
4. Use the drop down menu for Venue and Organizer fields to see if available. If it is not already there, you can add the information.
5. Be sure to check the NYSCA box if your event is funded through the NYSCA DEC program administered by CCAC.
6. Free event? Be sure to put a zero (0) in the COST BOX, not in the currency symbol box. DO NOT put a dollar sign ($) in the cost box, just the dollar amount. You do not need to change the currency symbol box.
7. Your event will NOT appear until it is approved by CCAC.
8. Questions? Call CCAC Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.