Learn the age-old skill of book-binding. Local artisan Christine Zietler will guide participants through the process of creating their own blank books. This class will run for three sessions: on Saturday, July 13 at 1:00 the first class will be to begin creating the signatures (groups of book pages) and possibly sewing them together, and if there is time, gluing the signatures to their cloth binding. The second session, July 20 at 1:00, will be creating the book cover. The third week, July 27 at 1:00, will be assembling the dry signatures and covers into a cohesive book and putting in the front and back decorative papers. Registration is required. There is a $5 fee for this class, and anyone 10 and older is welcome to sign up. Those under 13 must be accompanied by a participating adult. Please contact the library at 585-968-1668 or email@example.com to sign up.
- This event has passed.
July 13 2019
|Time:||1:00 pm - 2:30 pm|
An event every week that begins at 1:00pm on Saturday, repeating until July 27, 2019
|Event Categories:||Classes, DEC Funded Events|
|NYSCA||The program is funded in part by the New York State Council on the Arts Decentralization Program with support from Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature and administered by the Tri-County Arts Council.|
Cuba Circulating Library39 East Main Street
Cuba, NY 14727 United States
|Cuba Circulating Library|
|Website:||Visit Organizer Website|
Add Your Own Event
Watch this video on how to add an event to the events calendar.
Other Tips1. Disable cookies on your computer.
2. Event Title and Event Description are required. The event will not be accepted if they are incomplete.
3. A horizontal image with important elements centered is best! A generic image will be used if one is not included.
4. Use the drop down menu for Venue and Organizer fields to see if available. If it is not already there, you can add the information.
5. Be sure to check the NYSCA box if your event is funded through the NYSCA DEC program administered by CCAC.
6. Free event? Be sure to put a zero (0) in the COST BOX, not in the currency symbol box. DO NOT put a dollar sign ($) in the cost box, just the dollar amount. You do not need to change the currency symbol box.
7. Your event will NOT appear until it is approved by CCAC.
8. Questions? Call CCAC Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.